Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm going to expose your asses!

Greetings fellow HA readers, progressives and yes, you trolls. Who amongst you loves to have fun with trolls? Raise your hand! All of you, good!

Well, why am I doing this? Maybe out of some respect for Goldy's new commenting policy. To turn off my caps lock key. But also to brush up on my perl and ruby skills and learn the google API. Why you say?

The HA.org comment threads are a priceless treasure of right-wing lunacy just ripe for some data mining and analysis. As I promised Puddybud one fine day, "I swear, I'm going to spider this site and expose your ass!".

So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to try not to spider HA.org directly. That'd run up Goldy's bandwidth bill. My goal is to use the google cache only.

I'm also going to be looking at the other website. You know the one run by some kept fella on Greenlake? But only to add some spice to the fun.

What is spidering? Books have been written on it. It's not that hard to do.

So folks, look forward to facts and figures and greatest hits lists on your favorite trolls. Of course I'll be welcoming your input and insights on the subject.

We're going to have fun with this!

1 comment:

YLB said...

Welcome to party chadt. Thanks! You're my first customer.